About Metropolitan Public Strategies
As an innovative progressive public affairs firm, MPS is at the forefront of some of the highest profile political and public affairs advocacy campaigns in New York, Florida and other battleground areas across the country. From providing strategic consulting and campaign management to communications services, research, digital campaign management and creative content production, MPS is a soup to nuts operation for our clients and campaigns.
We are looking for a talented, motivated, detail-oriented, and highly proactive individual to play a vital role on our campaign team in the 2018 cycle. Applicants should have strong writing, research, campaign and communications skills, familiarity with social media and digital channels – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat, and more – as well as the ability to prioritize and complete multiple daily tasks and organizational projects with accuracy, speech, and independence. Experience working on political, governmental, or issue-based campaigns is preferred.
We run a fast-paced operation which, given the high-profile nature of clients, frequently requires work on evenings, early mornings, and weekends, so flexibility is a must.
Salary commensurate with experience; generous benefits.
- Work with the communications, research, and digital teams to seamlessly execute all components of our clients’ campaigns, which includes strategic vision, content creation, and the set-up of organic and paid advertising programs
- Identify earned media opportunities and draft press releases, media advisories, statements, fact sheets, and op-eds for clients
- Draft mass emails and newsletter content for clients’ campaigns
- Conduct research projects and analyze data; use data to develop proposals for targeting key audiences and demographics
- Create presentations to our clients and for our clients
- Track breaking news across all client interests
- Manage grassroots and digital advocacy platforms, to help clients engage with supporters
- Manage email distribution programs, such as MailChimp, NGP, and ConstantContact
- Experience with blogs, social networking sites, and email list communications
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, especially writing
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably in communications or political science
- Preferred client will have experience working on political or issue-based campaigns
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Submit resume and a cover letter to email@example.com